Become a Volunteer
Ignatians West volunteers are mature women and men giving their time in service to others. They bring their talent, wisdom, skills, and experience to assist nonprofit agencies in providing direct service to those in need. Rather than initiating service projects, Ignatians West matches volunteer skills and interests with existing projects and programs of our partner agencies throughout the greater Los Angeles area. In addition, Ignatians West provides our volunteers with the opportunity for growth through a yearlong program of shared reflection with fellow volunteers and also through lay formation in the Ignatian tradition provided by members of the Jesuit community.
What we value . . .
* service benefiting the poor and marginalized members of our communities
* providing opportunities for group sharing and reflection in the Ignatian tradition
* the life experience, wisdom, and skills of mature men and women
* servant leaders, rooted in gospel values, working for social justice and the care of our common home
* promoting the dignity and equality of all women and men
* recognizing the presence of God in all things
* the prayerful support and spiritual formation provided by members of the Jesuit community
What we do . . .
* volunteer service through a nonprofit agency for 1 to 2 days a week for 10 months, September thru June
* monthly volunteer meetings to reflect on our service
* two retreat days per year
If you are interested in applying to join us as a volunteer, we would love to hear from you!